You cannot leave Vietnam without eating some street foods both in Hanoi and HCMC. The best Hanoi and HCM dishes are inexpensive yet tasty treats that you have never found the same flavor in other countries in the world. Since a trip to Hanoi or HCMC is not complete without sampling traditional delicacies, here’s the top must-try street food in Hanoi and HCMC.
1.Bún thang (Rice Vermicelli with Chicken, Egg, Pork): Rice vermicelli with chicken, egg, pork an over 20 ingredients, including dried shrimp, squid, shrimp paste, spring onion, coriander and so on.
2. Bánh cuốn (Rolled Cake) is made from a thin, wide sheet of steamed fermented rice batter filled with a mixture of cooked seasoned ground pork, minced wood ear mushroom, minced onions or minced shallots. Sides for this dish usually consist of chả lụa (Vietnamese pork sausage), sliced cucumber, and bean sprouts, with the dipping sauce which is fish sauce called nước chấm.
3. Xôi xéo (Sweet Sticky Rice) Sweet sticky rice with staple toppings of green mung bean paste, soy sauce, and dried shallots as well as pate, boiled chicken, Vietnamese ham
4. Hủ Tiếu: A dry pork noodle dish with a powerful punch of flavour from the small amount of sweet broth, soothing broth and dazzling array of herbs, aromatics and other garnishes and condiments
5. Bún bò Nam Bộ: wonderfully simple mix of white rice noodles, marinated beef, herbs and peanuts, with a half inch of explosively flavourful sauce
6. Bánh Mì Kẹp (Bread) a crusty baguette bursting with flavour and stuffed with meat, pate, mayonnaise, chili sauce, salad and coriander
7. Nem Nướng Cuốn: Grilled pork sausage rolls wrapped in rice paper
9. Chả Cá: Turmeric fish with dillwhite fish seasoned with garlic, ginger, turmeric, and dill served on sizzling pan
8. Café Trứng (Egg coffee) half strong black coffee and half sweet creamy froth made of egg, condensed milk and other ingredients
Satisfy your stomach with us.