Vietnamese Coffee - Quick facts
1. The best place to produce coffee in Vietnam : Da Lat, Lam Dong Province
Lam Dong is located in the central highlands region of Vietnam. Its capital is Da Lat - the moutain town. In this cloudy town, weather and soil conditions are very suitable for planting coffee, especially the best expensive Arabica in Vietnam. At the height from 1000 - 1600 meter from the sea level, Da Lat takes advantages of producing the heavenly coffee seed in the world.
Get more food tour at night in Da Lat here with us: http://vietnamtravelconsultant.com/da-lat-night-market-with-vietnam-travel-consultant.html
2. Vietnam ranks the second position for exporting cafe in the world.
In 2016, the total amount of tons achieves up to 962 000 tons, accounted for 16% world coffee.
3. Typical types classified by Vietnamese
Unlike the official classification of coffee that very popular to you, Vietnamese locals name coffee based on the way a cup of coffee is made. Vietnam Travel Consultant sums up coffee classification as follow:
- Egg Coffee: More information is shown below.
- Civet Coffee: includes part-digested coffee cherries eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civet. It is said that the process may improve coffee through two mechanisms, selection and digestion.
- Black coffee: known as pure coffee, served with sugar.
- Brown coffee: served with condensed milk at a specific ratio, sweet taste.
4. Local labels
It is hard to identify which brands are better than others, because in Vietnam, coffee is very popular and every province has its own local label. If possible, you should choose coffee based on producing place like Lam Dong province for a truly guaranteed taste and quality.
If you wander in Old Quarter of Hanoi, you also see tons of stores selling different types of coffee. Taste first, then decide which one is your favorite!
Rose Kitchen - Vietnam Travel Consultant's partner for cooking activities in Hanoi - also introduce its own coffee brand. Giving it a chance to be your choice in coffee discovering journey here. For more information, contact here: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Famous local coffee shops
2 credible addresses for truly local taste:
- Giang Coffee: Giang Coffee was founded by Mr. Giang, former bartender at the famous hotel Metropole during the French war. This is one of the oldest coffee shop in Hanoi, which has an ancient vibe and cozy ambiance, but the location is a little tricky as the entrance is small and not noticeable. The price is also reasonable, 40.000 ($2) for one cup of egg coffee.
Address: 39 Nguyen Huu Huan Street, Hanoi
- Dinh Coffee: Dinh Coffee is operated by Ms. Bich, Mr. Giang's daughter. Dinh Coffee is located upstairs of a two storeys old French villa. To reach the shop, first you have to go through a shop selling bags then an old staircase. The taste of the egg coffee is remains beautiful as it first form in Giang Coffee, but what difference is the bold taste thanks to the cocoa heated up and whisked with the egg. At Dinh Coffee, you can enjoy the special Hanoian Egg Coffee while admiring the view of Hoan Kiem Lake with only 35.000 VND ($1.5).
Address 13 Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Hanoi
6. Way to serve coffee
It is not contingent that Vietnamese coffee impresses lots of people in the world. We have own method to make coffee stronger and tastier. Secret lies in the coffee maker. It is a stainless steel filter, used for each single-cup of coffee. You will be easy to find it in every coffee store in Vietnam.
Wish to know why this special coffee maker create distictive flavor and taste? Join a food tour with us to find more: http://vietnamtravelconsultant.com/hanoi-food-tasting-and-cultural-tour.html