Fried spring roll is one of the most popular dishes of Vietnamese, it was brought to Hanoi from the Southern Vietnam. Today, it becomes a favourite one of Hanoian. Especially, it is a preferred food on Tet holiday and other family festivities. Spring rolls not only always go along with rice but also seen with round noodle in the mouth-watering dish.
For spring roll
For Dipping sauce:
1 pound ground pork
0.1 pound grass vermicelli or a pack of instant noodle
1 cup shredded carrot
4-5 ear mushroom
30-40 rice papers
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp lemon/vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
Note: tbsp: table spoon
- Mix all milled pork, diced vegetable, crushed mushroom, onion, eggs, sault, and pepper in one pot.
- Roll up this mixture in a sheet of moist rice paper
- Deep fry deeply the roll until the rice paper coat turns crispy and golden brown.
- Display all the fried roll on the dish with herbs
- Dipping sauce: mix sugar, fish sauce and lemon together, add in fresh minced garlic and chili if desired.
The rolls are golden brown, not burnt, not cracky, crispy. If diced carrots and jicama are used, the stuffing might be a little bit crunchy, matching the crispy fried rice paper, but the juice from these vegetables can cause the rolls to soften after a short time. The ingredients, however, are not fixed
Servings: “Nem rán” can be eaten by itself, wrapped in lettuce, dipped into fish sauce mixed with lemon juice or vinegar, water, sugar, garlic and chili pepper, or served with rice vermicelli.